Home > Legal notice
Last modified on Feb 20, 2022
This website, including all webpages, online forms, applications, and information system, is an official website (www.fusia.net, www.theccip.com, and/or www.theccip.org, collectively "FUSIA Sites") are owned, operated, and maintained by FUSIA Communications, Inc. ("FUSIA") (“us", “we", or “our").
FUSIA Sites are not intended for minors under 13 years of age. By using FUSIA Sites, you affirm that you age over 13.
FUSIA Sites are not intended for minors under 13 years of age. By using FUSIA Sites, you affirm that you age over 13.
1 General disclaimerThe content in FUSIA Sites is intended solely for use by FUSIA personnel. This information does not constitute legal advice and should not be used as the sole source for making decisions that may affect an individual’s legal status in the United States. FUSIA makes no warranties or representations, express or implied, about the content of this website, which includes links to external sites. Users of this website assume the risk that information may be outdated or inaccurate.
2 CopyrightThe FUSIA Sites and FUSIA Content are owned by and copyright of FUSIA and are protected in all media now existing or hereafter developed, by law including, but not limited to, copyright, trade secret, patent, and trademark law, as well as other state, federal, and international laws, treaties, and regulations. All rights reserved.
In accordance with the applicable copyright laws, you may use a limited amount of copyrighted FUSIA Content for educational, non-commercial, and personal purposes (e.g., for teaching, research, student reports, commentary, and criticism) without the right to sublicense.
When using such copyrighted FUSIA Content, users should always provide attribution or credit FUSIA. Further, you may display FUSIA Content on your own computer but may not display FUSIA Content on the Internet.
None of FUSIA Content may be downloaded, reproduced, transmitted, displayed, distributed, modified, or made into a derivative work or otherwise used for any other purpose without the prior written permission of FUSIA.
6 User-generated contentWe welcome your contribution of comments, text, testimonials, articles, or communications, photos/images, images/photos, audio, or videos (collectively “User-Generated Content").
By contributing User-Generated Content to us,
- You understand that your User-Generated Content may be made available to the public via FUSIA Sites and our social media channels, e.g., Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
- You grant FUSIA a nonexclusive license to display, reproduce, transmit, modify such User-Generated Content.
- You acknowledge that FUSIA does not approve, endorse, or adopt any User-Generated Content and FUSIA assumes no liability for any User-Generated Content by you.
In using or accessing FUSIA Sites, unless express written consent is separately obtained from FUSIA, you agree NOT to:
- Use or access of FUSIA Sites in any manner without authorization from FUSIA
- Provide service bureau or other access or use of FUSIA Sites to third parties or to compete with us
- Reproduce, distribute, transmit, display, publish, broadcast, circulate, disseminate any FUSIA Content
- Copy, transmit, photograph, reproduce, translate, modify, display, perform, distribute (for compensation or otherwise), reduce to any electronic medium or machine-readable form, license, alter, frame, or store any FUSIA Content for subsequent use or otherwise used
- Clone, transfer, Reverse engineer, disassemble, decompile, create any derivative works, or incorporate into any information retrieval system or electronic or mechanical any section or technology on FUSIA Sites
- Impersonate any person or entity or misrepresent your identity in anyway
- Knowingly provide us with false or misleading information when completing our online forms or using our information system
- Violate or attempt to violate the security of FUSIA Sites
- Send or otherwise transmit to or through FUSIA Sites any unlawful, infringing, harmful, inappropriate, or otherwise objectionable material, materials of any kind that harm or delay FUSIA Sites or information system, and any unsolicited advertising, solicitation, or promotional materials
- Launch or use any automated system, including without limitation "robots," "spiders," or "offline readers," that access FUSIA Sites in a manner that sends more request messages to our servers in a given period of time than a human can reasonably produce in the same period by using a conventional web browser
- Send or otherwise transmit to or through FUSIA Sites chain letters, unsolicited messages, "spamming" or "phishing" messages, or messages marketing or advertising goods and services
FUSIA reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to suspend user privileges and block your access or use of FUSIA System at any time, for any reason, with or without prior notice, without liability to you or any third party. Generally, we close an inactive account for 30 days without notice (e.g., when applying to a program or after a program has ended).
You may register and use/access an online account as a user on your own behalf (“Individual User") as an applicant or participant or as a representative of an entity (“Entity User" on behalf of an academic institution, a third-party affiliate, or an organization hosting J-1 interns/trainees).
If you are an Individual User, you affirm that you are an adult at least 18 years of age or you are a minor age between 13 and 18. If you are a minor, you affirm that (a) you possess parental or legal guardian consent to register and complete any online form on FUSIA Sites, and (b) you shall use or access FUSIA Sites with your parent or legal guardian’s supervision.
If you are an Entity User, you affirm that (a) you are at least 18 years of age, and (b) you have full legal capacity and power to register and administer online account(s) as a staff of the entity you represent and perform your obligations (e.g., to supervise J-1 interns as a host supervisor or coordinate co-ops and internship programs as a staff member of an academic institution).
In all cases, no one under the age of 13 is permitted to register an online account on FUSIA System or use FUSIA Sites.
In connection with your using and/or accessing FUSIA System,
- You acknowledge that you may need to register through the procedures and follow specific instructions that may be described on the applicable portion of FUSIA Sites.
- You agree to provide true, accurate, current, authorized, and complete information about yourself during the registration process or during online form filling.
- You agree not to impersonate another person or entity or create false account information.
- You shall use reasonable efforts to keep your credentials confidential and inform us if you suspect or discover that your registration information has become known to someone else.
- You warrant that you shall abide by, without limitation, all applicable local, state, national and international laws and regulations with respect to your use of FUSIA Sites and not interfere with the use and enjoyment of FUSIA Sites by other users or with FUSIA’s operation and management of FUSIA Sites.
- You shall immediately notify us and update your login credentials if you believe someone else may have gained access to your username and password for any reason, e.g., theft and inadvertent disclosure.
- You agree to promptly update your registration data to keep it true, accurate, current, and complete. If there is change to your any of your personal information and registration data, you shall notify us within 72 hours of change and complete the amendment process within 72 hours of reporting to us.
- You are fully qualified and equipped with the necessary mental acumen and adequate English proficiency sufficient comprehend English instructions, terms, and conditions.
9 Signature authorityCertain documents (e.g., application forms, intern/host agreements, internship/training plans, etc.) made available on FUSIA Sites require signing.
Whenever you (and your parent or legal guardian, if you are a minor age 13 to 17) sign a document,
(a) You acknowledge that you can choose whether or not to sign it and that no one is putting pressure on you to sign.
(b) You are presumed to have read, understood and accepted the terms and conditions, and you acknowledge that you are legally bound to the terms and conditions outlined in the document you sign.
(c) You affirm that you are competent to review and agree to be bound by the document you sign.
(d) You affirm that you have sufficient English language proficiency to read and understand agreement terms and conditions and follow English instructions without difficulty.
(e) If you are an Entity User, you ensure that the signee, either you or another member, has delegated signature authority to sign agreements and commit the entity you represent to binding obligations or execute agreements on behalf of the entity you represent.
(f) If you are a minor age between the ages of 13 and 18, you shall only sign agreements with an accompanying signature from your parent or legal guardian confirming that you both agree to be bound by the terms of the agreement (if your parent or legal guardian is limited English proficient, you shall find an appropriate and competent individual to translate/interpret the document for him/her).
10 Content and materialsThe information contained in FUSIA Sites are for general guidance on matters of interest only. The application and impact of laws can vary widely based on the specific facts involved. While we have made every attempt to ensure that the information contained in this script has been obtained from reliable sources, we do not warrant its completeness, adequacy, timeliness, or accuracy and expressly disclaims liability for errors or omissions in the materials and information, or for the results obtained from the use of FUSIA Sites.
Any dated information is published as of its date only, and we do not undertake any obligation or responsibility to update or amend such information.
By offering information or services via FUSIA Sites, no distribution or solicitation is made by us to any person to use FUSIA Sites or such information or services in jurisdictions where the provision of FUSIA Sites and such information or services is prohibited by law.
The information on FUSIA Sites is not intended as an offer for using our services. Eligibility for particular services is subject to the final determination by us. The associated fees may differ depending on the volume of applications (e.g., preferred partner with special pricing).
All services described in FUSIA Sites are subject to the terms and conditions of the applicable agreement for each such service.
11 External links to third-party websitesFUSIA Sites, email, text, and electronic messages may contain links or references to external websites, resources, services, or features provided to you as a convenience and for informational purposes only.
If you click on any of these links, you will be directed an external website.
- We make no representations, warranties, or other commitments or endorsements whatsoever about any external websites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to any FUSIA Sites.
- We do not warrant third-party websites are devoid of virus or other harmful components. You should take precautions to protect yourself from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other potentially destructive programs, and to protect your information.
- We are not responsible for any interruption of services, malfunctions, or security breaches involving third-party websites.
- We bear no responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, reliability, legality, privacy practices, or suitability involving third-party websites, including any related services, content, software applications, and other technologies
- We do not warrant those third-party websites are free any claims or copyright, trademark, or other infringement of the rights
12 Potential disruption of serviceAccess to FUSIA Sites may from time to time be unavailable, delayed, limited, or slowed due to, among other things:
- Hardware failure, including among other things failures of computers (including your own computer), servers, networks, telecommunication lines and connections, and other electronic and mechanical equipment; software failure, including among other things bugs, errors, viruses, configuration problems, incompatibility of systems, utilities, or applications, the operation of firewalls or screening programs, unreadable codes, or irregularities within particular documents or other content
- Overload of system capacities
- Damage caused by severe weather, earthquakes, wars, insurrections, riots, civil commotions, acts of God, accidents, fires, water damage, explosions, mechanical breakdowns, or natural disasters
Interruptions (whether partial or total) of power supplies or other utility or service
- Strikes or other stoppage (whether partial or total) of labor
- Governmental or regulatory restrictions, exchange rulings, court or tribunal orders, or other human interventions
- Any other causes (whether similar or dissimilar to any of the foregoing) whatsoever beyond our control
13 DisclaimersBecause of the possibility of human or mechanical error as well as other factors, FUSIA Sites and FUSIA Content are provided "as is," "where is," and "as available," with no warranties or representations regarding FUSIA Sites.
FUSIA is not responsible or and expressly disclaims all liability for, damages of any kind arising out of use, reference to, or reliance on FUSIA Sites and FUSIA Content, including any implied warranties of merchantability, non-infringement of third-party rights, freedom from viruses or other harmful code, or fitness for any particular purpose.
FUSIA shall not be liable to any party for any direct, indirect, consequential, incidental, special, punitive, or exemplary damages of any type whatsoever related to or arising from FUSIA Sites or any use or inability to use FUSIA Sites or any portion thereof, regardless of whether we have been apprised of the likelihood of such damages occurring and regardless of the form of action, whether in contract, warranty, tort (including negligence), strict liability, or any other legal theories.
While we make every effort to present accurate and reliable information on FUSIA Sites, information published on FUSIA Sites may include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors.
Changes are made periodically to FUSIA Content, and these changes may or may not be immediately reflected in the materials or information present on FUSIA Sites.
FUSIA does not endorse or warrant such information, not do we guarantee the accuracy, adequacy, or completeness of the information and material contained in FUSIA Sites and expressly disclaims liability for errors or omissions in the material and information and FUSIA Content.
Use of FUSIA Sites may be monitored. By your use of FUSIA Sites, you consent to such monitoring.
FUSIA make no representations about the suitability of the information and material contained in FUSIA Sites for any purpose.
FUSIA shall not be liable to any party for any delay, difficulty in use, inaccuracy of information, computer viruses, malicious code, or other defect in FUSIA Sites, or for the incompatibility between FUSIA Sites and files and the user's browser or other site-accessing program.
FUSIA is not responsible for any loss, property damage, or bodily injury in connection with access to, use of, or inability to use or access FUSIA Sites.
14 IndemnificationTo the maximum extent permitted by law, you agree to release, defend, and hold FUSIA, its affiliates and each of their directors, officers, employees, consultants, vendors, licensors, and suppliers (collectively, "FUSIA parties"), harmless from and against all claims, actions, suits, or proceedings, as well as any and all losses, liabilities, damages, costs, fines, and expenses (including reasonable attorney's fees) incurred by any
In no event shall FUSIA parties be liable for any indirect, extraordinary, exemplary, punitive, special, incidental, or consequential damages, however arising, whether for breach or in tort, even if the FUSIA parties have been previously advised of the possibility of such damage.
You agree to cooperate fully with us in the defense of any claim that is the subject of your obligations hereunder.
In no event shall our maximum aggregate liability to you ever exceed the total amount minus any third-party or out of pocket costs, paid by you for our services.
15 Exclusions permitted by lawSome jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of certain warranties or conditions or the limitation or exclusion of liability for loss or damage caused by negligence, breach of contract/implied terms, or incidental or consequential damages so in such jurisdictions, our liability is limited to the greatest extent permitted by law.
Your personal information may be subject to disclosure under the laws of the US or to which it is transferred, and it may be accessible to law enforcement other countries and national security authorities of those jurisdictions.
References or links in this Website to any commercial products or services, or the use of any trade, firm or corporation name do not constitute endorsement by any Judicial Branch Entity. As a general practice, we do not allow placement of links on this website to commercial (e.g., .com) entities.
17 Contact usAny other reproduction in any form without the permission of FUSIA Sites are prohibited. For reprint request, please contact us with your contact information and a link to the relevant Content.
If you have any complaints or objections to FUSIA Content posted on FUSIA Sites because it was not properly credited or it was posted without permission and you are the copyright owner, please contact us with your contact information and a link to the relevant Content.
FUSIA Communications, Inc.
c/o The Cross Cultural Internship Program
2387 Bell Blvd Ste 5
Bay Terrace NY 11360